We’re glad you’re interested in being a part of our organization!
Starting a SpiralScouts Circle or Hearth is a rewarding opportunity, but is not without its challenges. If you’re interested in starting a Charter in your area, you’ll need to first register with us as a ProtoCharter. A ProtoCharter is a beginning training period, it is NOT an active Charter.
Registering gives you the following benefits:
- 3 months to act as organizer of your local group, using the SpiralScouts name and logo.
- Automatic inclusion in the ProtoCharters email list where forming Charters can work together with the help of our Staff to organize their Charter and work through all the chartering details (regular participation in the list is required).
- Access to order chartering materials (new forms, brochures, etc).
- Your ProtoCharter will be listed on the SpiralScouts website.
- The organizer of the ProtoCharter group will be given access to initial training.
Guidelines for ProtoCharters:
- ProtoCharters cannot open bank accounts.
- All fundraising must be approved in advance by SpiralScouts HQ.
- Donations and fundraising monies may be used for chartering expenses only. All donations must be sent to SpiralScouts HQ to be kept on account here for chartering expenses.
- ProtoCharters cannot order badges or other “leaders only” items until they receive official Circle or Hearth status.
- ProtoCharters have very limited access to handbooks. Our Staff is authorized to give information from the handbooks to answer specific questions on the ProtoCharters list, but will not give out entire handbook files.
- ProtoCharters cannot hold “scout” meetings or field trips – only organizational meetings. Parents must accompany children to meetings.
- At the end of the three-month ProtoCharter period, if not chartered, an extension may be requested, which will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Any ProtoCharter operating outside these guidelines (including, but not limited to unauthorized collection of money, or any other infringement of these guidelines) will lose ProtoCharter status, and may be reported to the appropriate authorities at the discretion of SpiralScouts International HQ.
- ProtoCharters are issued a number which incorporates the date their ProtoCharter status expires. The ProtoCharter process is the only way to access the official chartering information. To charter a group, you MUST have a ProtoCharter number, and must use the correct, carbonless forms.
Please click the ProtoCharter Application to continue.